Monday, November 26, 2007

Tomorrow is another day.

I'm sitting here thinking if I can get away with procrastinating, researching, answering "important mail" and getting ready for tomorrow, while at the back of my mind is a voice that won't stop nagging...you've got to write.

Finished the second draft of my current manuscript yesterday; 45 pages in 2 days. It felt good. And so I rewarded myself with a day off today...but that voice...it just won't shut-up.

Tomorrow I start on the sequel of The Third Eye. Well, I can't really say "start" because it's already half-written. But I stopped and lost momentum. And so tomorrow I will read through what I've written to date and then start my 1000 words-a-day quota again. I still cannot figure out what I like better, to pour my heart out through my fingertips or agonize over each word, each comma, each paragraph as the story takes on layers, meaning and shape.

As Scarlett said in Gone With the Wind, "Tomorrow is another day."

In the meantime there is some serious research I have to complete. On youtube.

2 comments:

helgor said...

Great job! You have stealth productivity--Yikes! Second draft on one book and 1/2 way through another. I think you deserved that day off.

:-)

H

Mahtab said...

You forget, that if the first one is anything to go by, I have nineteen more drafts to go :)

Hope I can get by with ten this time around!

M