Thursday, November 25, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows...Brilliant!

All right, so I guess you all know that I am a huge Harry Potter fan, the same as a billion others. Couldn't wait to see the Deathly Hallows but balked at having to face the chaos on opening weekend.

I finally did see it on Monday (and for all of you out there who do not like crowds, go on a Monday!) and I have to say I was blown away by it. Beautifully done even though it was a bit choppy, but given the length of the book, it was to be expected. The actors have all grown and are a pleasure to watch. The special effects are breathtaking!

Once again, I say, hats off to Steve Kloves for a fabulous screen play, to David Yates, for artful direction but above all, to J. K. Rowling for her sheer, imaginative brilliance!

Anyone want to see it again with me?

2 comments:

Beth said...

I haven't gone yet, although my daughter saw it in the first showing last Friday. My husband and I hope to go this weekend!

Mahtab said...

Beth, Hope you managed to see it this weekend. I'm planning on round two. Dawn Treader is also around the corner. So many movies...so little time :)